In 2012, NTU’s Sustainable Earth Peak coordinated the creation of an online course: Introduction to Sustainability, Multidisciplinary Approaches and Solutions. From AY 2014/15, all first year NTU students ( approximately 6000 students/year) must complete this course in their first year of studies.
The course modules are:
- Sustainability and Earth, Environmental and Ecological Systems
- Sustainable Energy
- Prosperity and Economic Growth within Ecological Boundaries
- Sustainable Water Management, Urban Infrastructure, Built Environment
- Sustainable Business, and the Role of Finance and Incentives
- The Political Economy of Sustainability